What got you started in Zi Wei Dou Shu?

Forum for anything related to Zi Wei Dou Shu
sean.chan
Site Admin

Hi all,

Just want to do a poll here.

What got you into Zi Wei Dou Shu (紫微斗数) and where did you first hear of it? Why did you choose to read up on Zi Wei Dou Shu first instead of BaZi?

Would love to hear everyone's thoughts. =)

Cheers,
Sean
I am the admin. And yes, I am the real Sean Chan.

If you're new here, don't forget to visit my blog!
kowfangl

the name sounds cool. It sounds like if u know this you can be a wizard. Seriously.

Did bazi first. Realised ziwei is more detailed. But both charts can be different in terms of the timing of the ten year luck cycle so it can be confusing if u have a good 10 yr luck in ziwei vs a bad one in bazi. But then again bad and good is relative (and I might read wrongly)
sean.chan
Site Admin

kowfangl wrote:
Wed May 20, 2020 4:01 pm
the name sounds cool. It sounds like if u know this you can be a wizard. Seriously.

Did bazi first. Realised ziwei is more detailed. But both charts can be different in terms of the timing of the ten year luck cycle so it can be confusing if u have a good 10 yr luck in ziwei vs a bad one in bazi. But then again bad and good is relative (and I might read wrongly)
Haha aiyo... Well it was referred to as a 帝王学 in the past. It's meant for kings but usually it's his advisors that did the studying and advised him accordingly.

紫微 is referring to the Polaris star.
斗 is the Big Dipper because the shape is like a ladle.
数 basically refers to the ability to calculate/measure.

Zi Wei Dou Shu is definitely more detailed. BaZi and Zi Wei Dou Shu will paint the same picture though, so if your that your BaZi chart is undergoing a negative 10-year phase, your ZWDS chart will say the same thing. It's just that it's harder to 'see' what a negative 10-year phase consists of in ZWDS.

- Sean

bernardkeith

A good friend if mine asked if I was keen to learn about it few weeks ago so I decided to spend some time on it. I just finished memorising Lu, Quan, Ke, & Ji's flying movements to each stars.

However, I found the solar time of BaZi and Zi Wei Dou Shu year animal signs could be different.

I'm curious if this is normal.

Regards,

Bernard
sean.chan
Site Admin

Yep it's normal. Zi Wei Dou Shu calculators usually don't change the Year Branch right after 立春。If you see the Four Pillars appear in the Zi Wei Dou Shu chart, you can ignore them first and just focus on the sectors and stars.

Sketchy

Interestingly it was my sibling who introduced me to ziweidoushu many years back. She was very interested in zwds reading and predictions. She was hoping i can learn abt it and help "decipher". But its too chim for me liao. Lol!
sean.chan
Site Admin

Best to get a professional to do it. Analyzing it wrongly is going to cause a lot of unnecessary panic. :?

Sketchy

sean.chan wrote:
Mon Jun 08, 2020 8:35 pm
Best to get a professional to do it. Analyzing it wrongly is going to cause a lot of unnecessary panic. :?
Agree. Reading about the stars description is one thing. But analysing and decoding the charts really take skill. Its not something a novice can do.

So i told her dunno how to and also can't do. Lol! She will tsk me but no choice it's the hard truth :oops: